Embark on an exploration of innovation as we delve into the realm of Odoo 17, unraveling a tapestry of cutting-edge features and enhancements that redefine the landscape of business management solutions. In this comprehensive journey, we'll navigate through the intricacies of Odoo 17's all-new features, meticulously curated to elevate user experience and streamline operations. From enhanced functionalities to a seamless user interface, we'll uncover the essence of the latest release. Join us as we dissect the Odoo 17 release notes, providing an insightful overview of the advancements that shape the future of enterprise resource planning. Let's traverse the landscape of Odoo 17, unraveling its potential and exploring the dynamic changes outlined in the official Odoo 17 documentation.
Let’s discuss all the new features of Odoo 17:
1. General new features of Odoo 17:
- Enhanced overall UX, Visually appealing interface.
- With Advanced search edit existing searches and create custom filters easily also search on records instead of text.
- Get information regarding a user or an employee by clicking on avatar.
- Keyboard shortcuts to confirm (ALT/CMD+Q) or cancel (ALT/CMD+X) have been made more consistent across all apps. CTRL+Enter keyboard shortcut for dialog validation.
- The form view's status pipeline shows how long a task, ticket, or lead has stayed in each stage.
- Get feedback on the status of email aliases. Use AI to generate and improve existing text based on a prompt with the /ChatGPT shortcut.
- Create and manage your own email templates as a user. Get feedback on why email bounced. Receive feedback on the status of your SMS text messages. Track karma points in a dedicated menu.
- Analyze trends more easily on stacked bar charts by adding a line graph displaying group totals.
- Access useful Odoo apps with shortcuts on the mobile application.
- Select/unselect ranges in list view using the Shift key and mouse clicks or the Up and Down Arrow keys.
- Each user can re-order their app icons on the dashboard by dragging-and-dropping them.
- Unselect all list view records from the control panel. Stacked bar charts now include a line graph displaying the groups' totals for easier trend analysis.
2. New Accounting Features in Odoo 17:
- Separate sales and granted/received discounts on invoices by posting them on different accounts. Move entire sections, define the parent line by dragging and dropping, and add indents to highlight the hierarchy.
- Post assets in bulk, Prioritize PDF export create invoices on email' feature for sales, and purchase journals.
- New wizard for auto-reconciliation, The bank reconciliation system has a new, clearer widget layout. Edit, delete, and print bank statements from the widget.
- Tax and account prediction on vendor bill lines are now always activated. Product prediction can be activated in the settings. Manage business units/branches thanks to multi-company hierarchies.
- Prioritize PDF attachments when using the 'create invoice on email' feature for sales and purchase journals. New wizard for auto-reconciliation
- Using Avalara's address validation now populates geolocalization information on the partner. This information can be used to compute sales taxes.
- When computing taxes with AvaTax on an invoice linked to a sales order with deliveries and pickings, Odoo now uses the warehouse address where the goods are shipped from to compute the most precise tax possible.
- Tax and account prediction on vendor bill lines are now always activated. Product prediction can be activated in the settings.
- Confirmed and uninvoiced sales orders are included in a partner's total receivables. The credit limit warning considers this new computation.
- The management of deferred entries is now distinct from assets. Create deferred revenues and expenses without setting up deferred models in advance. Improved display of due dates for early payment discounts and installments.
- For Fleet and Accounting users, the bank reconciliation widget now allows you to specify the vehicle concerned on any manual operation.
- When mass processing follow-up reports, contacts with missing information are isolated and do not block the process for other contacts
- Merged Line subtotals tax display and Rounding Method in Accounting settings.The invoice date was added to journal items, journal entries, and some reports.
- The invoice layout is clearer. To satisfy the legal requirements of several countries, you can display the total amount in letters.
- When an invoice is included in an asynchronous mass 'send and print' job, a banner is displayed on the relevant invoices to inform users that the job is in progress. Matching numbers are color-coded in the Journal Items view. Partial matchings are uniquely identified to see which lines are part of the same partial matching.
- Document upload has been optimized: automatic digitization is now synchronous and five times faster. Error messages and warnings were improved. Credit notes and refunds are automatically detected by the OCR and created as such.
- Users can select the relevant documents to be generated and the approvals to be requested from the "Send and Print" wizard. The electronic invoicing format is now configured on the customer.
- All localizations' taxes now use codes in their names to improve their display and usage in Odoo forms. Tax codes can be searched using shortcuts. The new Tax Description field contains longer descriptions of the taxes.
- When importing vendor bills from electronic invoicing systems supported by Odoo (e.g., UBL 3.0 invoices), Odoo now does partial purchase order lines matching and bill autocomplete for matching lines based on unit price and product name. The remaining non-matched lines are added separately on the vendor bill.
3. Appointments new features Of Odoo 17:
- Send specific templates when a booking is confirmed or canceled. Operators won't be notified by customer appointment reminders. Use your Google account to send Meet invites to attendees.
- Manage your bookings from a Gantt view. Add closing days to block reservations. Allow attendees to invite guests on their bookings. Meeting invites sent from Leads and Applicants now create meetings linked to those documents. Meeting links sent using an existing appointment type are now linked to the applicant or lead.
- Publish appointment types on specific websites. Specify specific start and end dates for appointment types. Require a payment before a booking is confirmed.
4. Approvals new features Of Odoo 17:
- When an approvers sequence is set, the manager (if required) will be the first to approve.
- Synchronize attachments between Approvals and Documents.
5. Attendances new features of Odoo 17
- Full revamp of the app, including the addition of geolocalization, public kiosk mode, and Gantt view.
6. Barcode new features of Odoo 17
- When a tracked product is scanned in an inventory adjustment, all lots/serials present in this location are loaded. Added the option to enter a barcode manually.
- Process and create manufacturing orders from the barcode app. Display a picture of the product in the details to ensure the correct product is picked.
- Create returns in barcode format and conveniently scan barcodes to identify returns. Additionally, the visibility of returns in the portal has been improved, and the return default operation type has been removed for better handling of purchase returns.
- Users are now asked to scan the source location before the product if it is not supposed to be picked up in the last scanned source location.
- Better handling of reserved quantities with on-the-fly reservation changes when picking from a different location. A sound is played when a barcode is not recognized or is wrong. The screen flashes as soon as a barcode is correctly recognized.
7. Discuss new features of Odoo 17
- Easily find attachments sent in your Discuss conversations using the new Attachments panel. Edit sent messages in the chatter. Display recipients' email addresses when sending a message from the chatter. Find your favorite emojis quickly with the "frequently used" section in the emoji selector.
- Send GIFs to your colleagues in Discuss. Users can now mark messages as unread in their Discuss conversations and channels, to process them later. The sender sees the message as delivered and not seen.
- Mention your colleagues from the chatter's full composer. Mentions are now kept when switching from the small to the full composer. Configure your notification preferences for each channel and conversation. All Discuss-related options are now available when clicking a username in the chat window header. In addition, open an employee's profile or edit their username in the menu.
- Pin messages in your Discuss conversations to quickly access important and old messages. A section with pinned messages is available from the header of your conversations and channels. You can jump to specific pinned messages from there.
- Meeting participants can now raise their hands to signal that they wish to speak and notify other participants. Search messages and notes posted on the chatter. Share your screen and video simultaneously in Odoo meetings. Communicate with colleagues using voice messages.
8. Documents new features of Odoo 17
- Move documents to the trash bin instead of archiving them. They will be deleted after 30 days. The split tool is easier to use thanks to improved ergonomics and shortcuts. It is now easier to share and download single or multiple files. Centralize all Fleet documents in the Documents app.
- Easily see if a document contains multiple pages on its thumbnail. The document request feature was improved with proper activity management and reminder emails. Primary buttons and actions can be used from the "All" workspace. Select which journal should be used for several accounting-related workflow actions.
- Only invalid files are rejected when uploading files in batch. Employees and Payroll signature requests can now be stored in Documents when completed. Create an expense automatically based on a file's content with the 'Create an Expense' action. Improved the drag-and-drop feature in the Workspace panel.
- Improved design of link thumbnails. Added keyboard shortcuts for quick access and navigation. Navigate in Documents workspaces through URLs. Search and group documents by product. The sender of a document through email is now set as the contact. Documents are now previewed in a new tab. When converting an Excel file to a Spreadsheet, users can now choose to keep the file or to trash it.
9. eCommerce new features of Odoo 17
- Customers’ billing addresses can be detected and easily managed at checkout. Improved the checkout design and flow. Display product tags on your e-commerce product pages, such as information labels. These tags are also available in filters from the shop page. Use images instead of colors for product variants.
- Customers can select more than one option for a product with the multi-checkbox attribute. Create appealing descriptions of your product using the Odoo text editor. Remove the search bar from your /shop page. Use shipping methods in your eCommerce without installing the Inventory app.
- Configure the "Display Product Prices" setting independently from one website to another and create separate B2C and B2B eCommerce stores. Available promotion codes assigned to a customer are now automatically displayed at the last checkout step and can be added with a single click.
10. eLearning new features of Odoo 17
- The enrollment and invitation processes were improved: invite users to enroll or enroll them directly. Set multiple correct answers in simple quizzes.
- Set prerequisite courses. Attendees can resume their course when rejoining. Attendees can see the duration of each section of a course.
11. Employees new features of Odoo 17
- Assign plan activities to the fleet manager of the employee's vehicle. Added a report dedicated to certifications. All fields referring to an employee display their avatar. Generate a CV in PDF using the information found on the employee record.
- Graph and pivot views have been added to the app. Define a different location for each working day of the week. This schedule can be repeated every week. Users can check in the location of other employees via the Calendar app or the Employee portal.
- Define a different location for each working day of the week. This schedule can be repeated every week. Users can check in the location of other employees via the Calendar app or the Employee portal.
- When archiving employees, send them a link to their private files. Managers can view their employees' 'first contract' and 'next appraisal' dates. Filter your newly hired employees from the Kanban view. A new organizational chart is available on employees and departments.
- The presence indicator from Attendances is visible even without any rights on the app. Added a "private car plate" field to search for any vehicle. Choose to send signature requests to an employee's public or private email address. Improved content and usability of the skills library.
12. Events new features of Odoo 17
- Use the attendee list's QR codes to register attendees quickly. Select a badge dimension and customize its background.
- Visitors can pick a pricelist when buying tickets. Specify the language of an event and automatically translate all communication related to this event into that language.
- Filter attendees based on registration form answers. Publish events on a specific website. Customize questions on the event registration form. Choose the display order of event tickets.
13. Expenses new features of Odoo 17
- The accounting flow of expenses reports posting has been modified. An expenses report paid by an employee generates a vendor bill, and an expenses report paid by a company generates a payment instead of a purchase receipt. The synchronization between the Accounting and the Expense app has also been improved. The payment method used can now be specified for the expenses paid by the company.
- Specify a default category for automatically generated expenses. Expense reports paid by the company now generate as many payments as there are expenses in order to ease the reconciliation process. The expense report PDF has been improved, and receipts are now attached.
- For expenses made in foreign currencies, employees can manually enter the amount they spent in company currency independently of Odoo exchange rates to match their real spendings perfectly
- Improved the pipeline stages of expenses and expense reports with consistent terminology. Clarified "to submit" versus "to report" and added tooltips to the expense dashboard.
14. Fleet new features of Odoo 17
- Added an order date field on vehicles The search for a vehicle now includes the model or the brand.
15. Forum new features of Odoo 17
- New front end design for forums. Users who don't have their posts automatically validated (insufficient karma points) can now have one pending post per forum.
16. Frontdesk new features of Odoo 17
- Keep track of all your visitors painlessly with the Frontdesk app.
17. Helpdesk new features of Odoo 17
- Display links to the most popular knowledge articles, forum posts, and eLearning courses.
18. Inventory new features of Odoo 17
- Autobatch only batches operations in the ready stage. The cost of FIFO products is now set to the average price of the remaining quantities. Edit reserved quantities and reserve specific quants.
- Reserving and unreserving from the forecast report affects only the selected product instead of the entire operation.Incoterm and location are now included on the delivery slip.
- Lot and serial number properties are displayed on their quants. Updated mass entry of lots/serial numbers on receipts to allow expiration dates and quantities. This allows users to include these additional fields when pasting multiple lots/serial numbers for efficient data input.
- When the 'Make to Order' (MTO) process is interrupted, items can be reserved from the available stock to ensure the workflow continues. Added the "Least Packages" force removal strategy that avoids reserving quantities in two packs when the demand is available in one larger pack.
- Find the right operation easily with the revamped operations menu. The packaging is now displayed on purchase orders, sales orders, and transfer documents. Print reports automatically at transfer validation. Define which report to print at the level of operation types. If no IoT printer is linked, the report is downloaded instead.
- Update quantity quickly from the product form. Default accounts are now pre-configurable from the Accounting app settings. Introduction of a new 'Cost of Production' account that improves production costing and better differentiates work center and employee costs.
- Reception report now includes a barcode for the next step (ex., from pick to pack) to allow quick movements through a workflow with a barcode scanner. Filter replenishments by vendor and select a list of products to be replenished to their maximum quantity. The forecast report reserve / unreserve button now supports multistep routes.
- Eliminated the distinction between planned and immediate transfers. A new transfer starts in ready state and can be planned by setting it in draft. Detailed operations of transfer lines allow directly selecting the existing stock. Specify shipping method on routes. Monitor product quantity and time spent in inventory to assess dead stock using the new stock aging report.
19. Knowledge new features of Odoo 17
- Comment on the content of articles. Convert articles into items and vice versa. Enable collaborative article editing for portal users: they can now edit an article once allowed. Write on knowledge articles alongside other users.
- Add a message when sharing an article. Drag and drop an article in the trash. Embed Gantt views in articles for enhanced project visualization. Preview and rename files directly from an article.
- Insert banners in Knowledge articles. Insert videos in your Knowledge articles. Insert a calendar view of your article items. Create and edit stages in your Knowledge item kanban views. Choose from several preconfigured templates to get started quickly.
- Define visibility rules on knowledge articles. On mobile, navigate using a dedicated burger menu icon. Let your collaborators access their articles through their portal. Print or export your Knowledge articles. Reposition article covers. Save custom filters and groups on embedded views, and set them as default. View the version history of knowledge documents.
20. Live Chat new features of Odoo 17
- Live Chat sessions can be assigned to you according to the languages added to your user profile and the visitors languages. Find more information on the channel page, add or remove operators, and invite users to a session. Improved the session history page and enhanced the user experience on the front end.
- Start calls with website visitors from Live Chat sessions. Operators and visitors can now edit, delete, pin, and reply to messages as well as use emojis and reactions.
- Open all Live Chat sessions in Discuss as an admin, with limited access depending on your membership (read-only or full edit). Operators and visitors can now send each other attachments (visitors need the operator's authorization).
21. Maintenance new features of Odoo 17
- Redesign of the recurring maintenance creation mechanism. Worksheets are now also available for maintenance requests. Maintenance is now also possible in work centers, with the possibility to block production schedules.
22. Manufacturing new features of Odoo 17
- Update a bill of materials and apply changes to existing manufacturing orders. Generate new bills of materials from manufacturing orders. Generate engineering change order requests from manufacturing orders. Propagate individual manufacturing order component demand changes to pre-production pickings.
- Visualize all aspects of a manufacturing order from a single report on the MO. Identify missing quantities and trigger respective replenishments or track existing ones. Track the actual MO cost against the predicted cost before, during, and once the production order is complete.
- Manufacturing lead times have been moved to the bill of materials. Check availability from the manufacturing order list view. Expected end date added to MO form view. Print Label added to MO form view.
- Plan based on component expected arrival dates. Identify manufacturing orders whose replenishments are due to arrive late with the 'Late Components' Filter. Visualize work order dependencies from the 'Planning by Production' view.
23. Marketing Automation new features of Odoo 17
- Get started quickly in Marketing Automation using pre-made campaign templates.
24. Meeting Rooms new features of Odoo 17
- Book office rooms using a tablet-friendly interface.
25 Online Payments new features of Odoo 17
- If you require customers to pay in advance or leave a guarantee, you can now capture part of the transaction amount and void the rest with the Adyen payment provider Filter payment providers based on currency.
- The Express checkout feature is now supported for the Demo provider. The demo provider now supports the partial capture of payments.Define payment fees with a currency to guarantee the amount by converting it into the currency of the payment. The payment method used by the customer is now saved on the payment transaction.
- Introduced the concept of payment methods in Odoo. Each payment provider is linked to a list of payment methods, which are displayed on payment forms. The process of generating a payment link was simplified by using a single button to copy and generate the link.
- Allow users to pay with their saved payment methods without logging in. Removed the extra fees feature (Paypal and Alipay). Ask customers to make a first payment to validate the SEPA mandate. Customers can pay directly within the payment form (no redirection to Stripe). 26 new payments methods and Indian e-mandates are supported.
- Add the possibility to regenerate the payment instructions with the available bank accounts for wire transfers. Added the Xendit payment provider covering Indonesia and the Philippines.
26. Payroll new features of Odoo 17
- Avoid making payments to erroneous bank account numbers with the introduction of warnings when account numbers are changed. Signature requests are now automatically canceled when contracts are canceled or refused.
- The Contract History view was dropped to work with a standard list view, accessible from the employee form. Certain advantages can now be contingent on selecting specific other advantages. For instance, the fuel card benefit is only displayed if the employee opts for a company car.
- Add existing payslips to an open batch.Extra hours are automatically recorded in work entries for employees who work with the Attendance app and with a contract based on a Planning schedule.
- The "force new car list" field in the salary configurator wizard is only displayed if the condition set on the "new vehicle request" setting is met. The fuel type is displayed on employee contracts. Create salary attachments for multiple employees.
- Work entries are now automatically generated for extra hours, and working schedules can use break periods, which are ineligible for extra hours. Order salary structure types and display them depending on your country. View the PDF of a payslip when it's joined to the record.
- Improved the way reports are generated and how employees are selected. Add an expiration date to salary configurator offers. Duplicating a salary structure copies its rules. Creating a new salary structure uses the rules from the archived 'default structure rules set' template. Add a "half-day" label in the payslip's working times for better control.
27. Planning new features of Odoo 17
- Automatically assign open shifts to the right employees based on their working hours, roles, availabilities, and time off. Effortlessly split long shifts into multiple segments from the Gantt view. Request to switch shifts and exchange with your colleagues' unwanted shifts.
28. Point of Sale new features of Odoo 17
- Sell food through easy-to-configure combo meals. Credit limits set on companies or partners now apply to POS as well. When a limit is reached, a warning is displayed on customer-related views and buttons.
- POS orders are now accessible from other cashier desks. Floor plans can be linked to multiple cashier desks, ongoing orders are shared within the same location, and past orders can be accessed from any desk within a database. Cashiers and waiters can now view the origin of rewards and applied coupons, giving them a better understanding of the rewards used for each order.
- The "floors and tables map" setting is enabled by default for bars or restaurants: no need to activate it anymore. Set the delivery date of any order to ship later from the PoS frontend. Add any image to a payment method. Allow non-user employees to access advanced actions, such as cash in/out.
- The easy-to-use preparation screen shows all preparation orders. Cross out dishes or the whole order when they are ready. Get a clear summary of all the food to prepare by product and category. The preparation display and preparation printer are now available outside PoS Restaurant.
- Cash payment methods and cash journals cannot be re-used over multiple POS to avoid accounting issues related to cash drawer control. Improved information about rescue sessions. Outstanding sessions are highlighted on the dashboard. Rewards origin and applied coupons are displayed in the reward popup.
- To give cashiers and waiters a clear picture of what applies to the orders, the reward button now displays the reward's origin and any coupon applied. Customers can scan a QR code to get the menu on their device. Customers can now pay online by scanning a QR code. Customers can now pay online when self-ordering.
- Your customers can place orders by scanning a QR code at the table and, optionally, pay for their orders online.Place orders and pay at the self-service kiosk. Display booked tables on the floor plan in restaurants or bars.
29. Project new features of Odoo 17
- Mark tasks as done, canceled, in progress, changes requested, or approved. Manually create projects from sales orders. Get an accurate assessment of your projects' profitability with the inclusion of down payments. Projects and tasks can be made accessible to all companies.
- Get ahead of the planning of your recurring tasks: a new task is immediately generated once the previous one is marked as done. Generate sales orders on the fly from projects and tasks. From a task's kanban card, view its sub-tasks and check if it's blocked by another task.
- When creating a new task from the kanban view, configure it instantly using text shortcuts: set tags, assign users, allocate hours, and set it to high priority directly without opening the form view. Schedule tasks with no allocated time in batches from the Gantt view to schedule them one after the other.
30. Purchase new features of Odoo 17
- Store the gross price and discount in vendor pricelists. You can also modify the discount directly on the purchase order line.
- Easily add products from your vendor using a kanban view when creating requests for quotation.
31. Quality new features of Odoo 17
- Deviate full or partial product quantity to a failure location when a quality check fails.
32. Recruitment new features of Odoo 17
- Schedule a meeting with Appointments and see it on the applicant's profile. Blacklist email providers to prevent applicants with incorrect contact emails. Interviewers have access to the chatter.
- The offer from Payroll is now a dedicated object with its history and security. Send SMS to multiple applicants from the list view.
33. Rental new features of Odoo 17
- Quotation templates, product catalogs, and optional products are now also available for rental products.
- The rental period of all products on a single order is now the same to simplify the flow. This does not prevent the pickup or return of products at different moments.
- Deliver and return your rental products using multi-steps with delivery and return transfers.
34. Repair new features of Odoo 17
- Manage component reservation and replenishment from the repair module, create repair orders from sale orders and vice versa, and use the 'Recycle' type repair line to easily return previously consumed components into stock.
35. Sales new features of Odoo 17
- Add products quickly and easily with the catalog view. Manually launch the synchronization of an Amazon order based on its Amazon reference. Shipping confirmations statuses sent to Amazon are now synchronized.
- Update the quantities available for 'Fulfilled by Merchant' (FBM) offers on Amazon depending on inventory levels. Ask for a down payment from your customers to validate their quotation.
- Descriptions of down payment lines on sales orders show the reference and date of the down payment invoice to improve clarity when there are multiple down payments. Include event tickets in quotation templates.
- Apply a global discount on a sale order. Define customer-specific loyalty programs based on their pricelist.
- The partial payment flow was improved: it's easier to create payment links and quotations are automatically confirmed when a partial payment completes the total amount. Send attractive quotations to improve your conversion rate. Upload your own PDF files and insert them as header pages, product pages, and footer pages.
- Lines containing only zero quantities are no longer displayed in the product variant table on PDF reports. Added the chatter on pricelists to ease collaboration.
- Share documents with your customers automatically when sending a quotation or once the order is confirmed by linking documents to your products. Cancel multiple quotations at once from the list view.
- Lock a sales order at any stage. Sales flows can now work without using pricelists. Adding a button to access the loyalty cards of a customer from the form view.
36. Shipping Connectors new features of Odoo 17
- Shipping methods now cover a wide weight range and support other shipping options (multicollo, signature request, second delivery attempt, etc.). On eCommerce, use the Sendcloud shipping method with collect points.
- Added the new shipping provider Starshipit, covering Australia and New Zealand.
37. Shop Floor new features of Odoo 17
- Easily track and complete production orders from the new dedicated Shop Floor application.
38. Sign new features of Odoo 17
- Send automatic email reminders to people who have not signed a document yet after a set delay.
- Ensure your limited time offers can only be signed within an allotted window by setting expiration dates on signatures requests.
- Download multiple signed documents in one click. Modify tags on signed documents. Manage tags from the new configuration menu.
39. Spreadsheet new features of Odoo 17
- The default number and date formats are now based on the spreadsheet creator's configuration and can be changed in the file settings. Added 30 multi-cell array functions (e.g., UNIQUE, EXPAND, FILTER, TRANSPOSE, SPLIT, etc.).
- Use the single formula ODOO.PIVOT.TABLE to display an entire and dynamic pivot table. Identify tables and automatically set their label/data series accordingly.
- View past versions of a spreadsheet and duplicate it at an earlier stage. Use data validation to control cell entries. Group rows or columns to easily collapse and open them. Clean up your spreadsheets with the duplicate rows removal tool.
- Use the split text to columns feature or the SPLIT function to take text from one or more cells and split it into multiple cells. Clean up your data by trimming spaces and tab spaces. Share spreadsheets with internal and external users. External users can view, copy the content, and download the spreadsheet. Internal users can also edit it if they have the required access rights.
- Share dashboards from the Spreadsheet app. Addition of vertical alignment and text wrapping. Autofill now supports alphanumeric values. Scroll beyond the visible area of the screen when using the autofill.
- New spreadsheets left blank and unmodified are now deleted after 24 hours. Use different border styles. Keep track of cells being edited when navigating between sheets. Aggregate chart categories/labels.
- Easily include or exclude a header row from a chart data series. Edit the domain of charts inserted from the graph view. The contextual domain is now imported when a model is inserted into a spreadsheet. Added more date and time formats.
- Move sheets in the bottom bar by drag-and-dropping them. Type in the desired font size in the font size selector. Added plenty of keyboard shortcuts to increase usability. Field matching is now automatic for data sources already set in the global filters.
- Double-click the format painter to stay in that mode, allowing multiple clicks. Use the "From/To" time range in the global filters. Reorder your global filters. Insert images in spreadsheets.
- Addition of color intensity in the color picker. Dates formatted as MM/YYYY are now properly recognized. Insert and visualize all functions from the Insert menu. Insert line breaks within a cell by pressing Alt+Enter.
- Use the Ctrl+K keyboard shortcut to insert a link in a cell. Added functions for prediction assessments. ODOO formulas can be inserted from the function menu. Find and replace characters more quickly by searching all sheets, the current sheet only, or a specific range of sheets.
- Effortlessly align all graphical elements with the snap-to-align feature. Vertical alignment is kept when importing/exporting a spreadsheet. Format your data with text wrapping and vertical alignment. Text wrapping is kept when importing/exporting a spreadsheet. Allow dynamic comparisons by setting a cell as the value on conditional formatting.
40. Studio new features of Odoo 17
- Configure multi-level approval flows and notify users when their approval is requested. Approval rules are now enforced server-side (and thus applied for API calls) instead of client-side. Make any button invisible - permanently or conditionally - in form views.
- Monetary fields added with Studio now detect and use currency fields on the model by default. Select which currency field to use directly via the Studio view editor. Create custom website pages for any data in Odoo: integrate Website with any other app, including apps created with Studio.
- Enable or disable formatting for numbers via Studio (e.g., to display a Year in an integer field without formatting with a thousand separator) Edit PDF reports more intuitively with the new report editor. Use any / command to add static or dynamic content in PDF reports.
- Customize your workflows using the revamped automation rules: access your automation directly from any Kanban view, configure powerful automation in a few clicks, send and receive webhooks, and much, much more.
41. Subscriptions new features of Odoo 17
- View the next activity scheduled for your customers' subscriptions. Cancel confirmed subscriptions when they have yet to be invoiced to avoid considering them as churn subscriptions.
- When a customer closes their subscription on their portal, you can add an extra confirmation step to suggest a solution to the customer based on the close reason they selected. Send a consolidated invoice to customers with multiple subscriptions invoiced on the same day.
- Create down payment invoices for subscription orders. Added first contract date field on subscriptions to clarify since when contracts are running despite renewals. Create automated actions to define the health of subscriptions instead of defining it on each subscription plan.
- Complete rework of subscription reporting. MRR Growth allows seeing the monthly evolution of new contracts, churns, expansions, and contractions. MRR Analysis allows seeing the evolution of your MRR.
- Introduced the concept of Recurring Plans, replacing both the Recurrence and Subscription Plans fields, to simplify the creation of subscriptions. Create alternative quotations for renewals and upsells.
- Customers can manage their subscriptions (upsell, renew, close) through the customer portal, increasing their autonomy and reducing the amount of work for salespersons. Define a default recurrence on subscription quotations.
- Subscriptions can now handle storable products. Manage subscriptions more easily with the single subscription state field. It replaces the various fields used to inform on the status of a subscription. Views and the lifecycle of subscriptions have been adapted accordingly.
42. Surveys new features of Odoo 17
- Surveys now have different types that each come with preconfigurations appropriate for that type of survey. Use several answers to trigger a question. Improved the answers display for multiple choice questions. Survey certificate reports are now customizable with Studio.
- Users can duplicate questions. Survey takers can navigate freely in a survey even amongst mandatory questions.
43. Calendar new features of Odoo 17
Calendar views allow users to show or hide weekends. The setting is shared between calendar views.
44. CRM new features of Odoo 17
View the upcoming or last meeting date with a lead directly from the smart button. Tags are propagated from leads to the activity report.
45. Dashboards new features of Odoo 17
Create blank dashboards from Dashboards configuration. Share dashboards from the Dashboards app. Year-to-date (YTD) can be selected as the filtered period.
46. Email Marketing new features of Odoo 17
Five mailing templates have been added. Test and customize your Unsubscribe page. Review new optout report.
In conclusion, the unveiling of Odoo 17 marks a pivotal moment in the landscape of business management solutions. As we've navigated through the myriad of all-new features, it's evident that Odoo continues to redefine and elevate the user experience. From enhanced functionalities that streamline operations to a seamlessly redesigned user interface, Odoo 17 is a testament to innovation and adaptability. TechUltra Solutions stands ready to empower businesses with this cutting-edge release, ensuring that they can harness the full potential of Odoo 17. As you embark on this journey of exploration, embrace the transformative power of Odoo 17 and leverage the expertise of TechUltra Solutions to propel your business into a new era of efficiency and success.